Where is the Festive Spirit this year!?
There is a major lack of Festive Spirit this year I’ve found. I love the Christmas Holidays – all the sparkly lights, rich food, family and happy songs make me all warm and tingly inside……..but this year I find work is really sapping the Festive Cheer right out of me 😦
People are so mean this year – I really don’t remember any previous year being this bad, not even way back when I worked in retail! I think I’ve been yelled at more times in the past 3 days than I have in the entire month of November! The hospital is just Soul Destroying…..I’ve attempted to be cheery and nice to people – but every time I wish a patient Merry Christmas, they kind of look at me like I’ve grown a 2nd head! What the hell people!? Would it kill you to crack a smile!? Staff arent much better – although I think they’re also affected by the gloomy atmosphere out-patients are bringing in with them more than anything else. Meh, at least I only have one more day to get through and then I’m free until the 6th January! Words can not describe the inate joy I feel when I think of nearly a week and half of freedom from the Seventh Circle of Hell……..also known as my office 😛
So yeah, bit of a rant there……..anyone else felt that this year has lacked the usual Festive Spirit, or is it just me and the Soul Destroying NHS? 😀
Merry Christmas, and a vry Happy New Year people! Hope Santa visits you!
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)